Welcome to the Oakland Renegades Dragon Boat Club.
Our goal is to introduce the sport to anyone who is interested and to build and train a competitive dragon boat team. You don’t need to have any prior experience and everyone’s welcome regardless of age or fitness level. We provide all the equipment you’ll need including paddles and mandatory PFDs (life jackets) and instruction for beginners. We recommend that you wear athletic work out clothing at practices that can get a little wet from splashing and dress for the weather.
- On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays (with the exception of the first Saturday of each month, see below), our practices are held at the Jack London Aquatic Center (JLAC), 115 Embarcadero, Oakland.
- From March – October, on the first Saturday of each month, our practices are held at Lake Merritt Boating Center, 568 Bellevue Ave, Oakland.
Practice schedule is as follows, regardless of location:
- Mondays – meet at 5:45 PM and paddle till 7:00 PM. *
- Wednesdays – meet at 5:45 PM and paddle till 7:00 PM.
- Saturdays – meet at 10:15 AM and paddle till 12:00 Noon.
* From November 2019 – March 2020, Wednesday and Saturday practices only.
It’s not mandatory to come to all the practices but we encourage you to come as often as you can.
If you decide to join our team, please subscribe to our yahoogroups email so that we can keep you informed about team business, schedule changes, social events and upcoming races. To subscribe send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org