Welcome to the Oakland Renegades Dragon Boat Club.
Our goal is to introduce the sport to anyone who is interested and to build and train a competitive dragon boat team. You don’t need to have any prior experience and everyone’s welcome regardless of age or fitness level. We provide all the equipment you’ll need including paddles and mandatory PFDs (life jackets) and instruction for beginners. We recommend that you wear athletic work out clothing at practices that can get a little wet from splashing and dress for the weather.
- On Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, our practices are held at the Jack London Aquatic Center (JLAC), 115 Embarcadero, Oakland.
Practice schedule is as follows, regardless of location:
- Mondays – meet at 5:45 PM and paddle till 7:00 PM. *
- Thursdays – meet at 5:45 PM and paddle till 7:00 PM.
- Saturdays – meet at 10:15 AM and paddle till 12:00 Noon.
* Monday practices start March 16th, 2020.
It’s not mandatory to come to all the practices but we encourage you to come as often as you can.
If you decide to join our team, please subscribe to our Google Groups email so that we can keep you informed about team business, schedule changes, social events and upcoming races. To subscribe, visit https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/oakland-renegades, and click on “Subscribe”.